RunFundMe has two different campaign types to choose from: Personal or Charity campaigns. Here's a quick look at the differences between the two:
By default, all RunFundMe campaigns are set up for an individual to withdraw the funds.
We can also help you withdraw your funds on behalf of an organization (ensuring you avoid any personal tax liability), but only if you are directly affiliated with the organization you want to send money to.
You work for a non-profit, school, or business and need to withdraw directly into your organization's bank account (or send a check to their address) - You can withdraw as an organization.
You started a campaign for a charity (such as the Red Cross) you’d like to support but don’t work for, or raised donations to pay a third party such as a veterinarian's office or funeral home - You must withdraw the money yourself.
If you fall into the first example, click here and our team will assist you in setting this up.
Otherwise, proceed with withdrawing the donations to your own bank account and delivering them to the organization outside of RunFundMe.
Still can't find your answer? Click here to ask our Customer Service team directly!
In order to create a RunFundMe Charity campaign, you must choose a registered 501(c)(3) in which you have legal authorization to establish and account in th charity's name and that you are authorized to accept and transfer funds on their behalf.
After you have setup the charity account. when donors make a payment to your Certified Charity campaign, they'll automatically receive a donation tax receipt by email from Stripe Giving Fund.
For Personal and Charity campaigns, there are no time limits or deadlines. You can keep your campaign active until you are ready to end your campaign.
Donations made to RunFundMe Personal campaigns are generally considered to be personal gifts and are not guaranteed to be tax-deductible. You can always check with a tax professional to be sure.
If you have already set up and activated your Stripe account at inception as recommended, you simply login to your RunFundMe account or Stripe account and your funds are already deposited there. While in your Stripe account you simply click on the 'Withdraw money' option and the funds will be sent to your bank account.
Please follow the steps below if you have not previously entered your banking information, according to your location and the type of device you're using.
- Sign in at https://runfundme.com/login
- Click the 'Withdraw' button at the top of your RunFundMe Dashboard
- Click 'Continue' in the window that appears
- Log in to your Stripe account at this step. If you can't remember your password, you can reset it here: https://dashboard.stripe.com/register
- Enter your bank account information
- Sign in to your RunFundMe account
2. Tap the 'Menu' button in the top-left corner of the screen (button with 3 lines)
3. Tap the 'Withdraw Money’' option
4. Select ‘Switch to Desktop Mode’
5. Click 'Continue' in the window that appears
6. Log in to your Stripe account at this step. If you can't remember your password, you can reset it here: https://dashboard.stripe.com/register
7. Enter your bank account information
Is there a minimum donation amount?
The minimum amount a donor can make to your campaign is $5.
Get Your Money Faster (Instantaneously Real Time)
Get More of It (We charge lower fees than most competitors)
No penalties for missing goal
No deadlines or goal requirement
24/7 Email Support
Get every donation you receive today!